Pages

Friday, June 12, 2009

Finding a Unique and Affordable Wedding Dress



I was lucky enough to nab fantastic, fashion blogger, mosey to do a guest spot here today. Her blog covers everything from the latest trends in style to home decor. She's here today to tell us how she found her own wedding dress and give some advice to other brides, who are less traditional, on how to find something affordable and unique.

Mosey:
When I started looking for my wedding dress, I felt a little intimidated by the typical wedding dress shop scene. I went to a few shops near where I live and couldn't really get over feeling silly or put off, even. I knew I wanted something short, not long for my small, summer, outdoor wedding and I also knew I wanted something a little nontraditional and quirky. So I decided to ditch the wedding dress shops and begin an online search. I spent months scouring the net for the "perfect wedding dress" and accumulated quite a hefty list of online shopping bookmarks. Sure you have to filter your search to "white dresses" and it can take some precious time, but I felt like it was all worth it.

I ended up buying my dress on BCBG Maxazria's website, but there are plenty of other dresses I almost ended up choosing from other websites. I'd like to share those shopping links with you today in hopes that they could help you find something really unique and beautiful! If you're looking for something a little less traditional and a little less formal than the average wedding dress, then these places should be fun for you to try.

My top 10 favorite non-wedding sites to find a wedding dress.

1) Net-A-Porter: A fantastic shopping site filled with only high end designers.

2) ChicDowntown: This site has great, quirky yet high end, memorable dresses.

3) eLuxery: Beautiful and affordable designer dresses.

4) MyTheresa: Slightly more expensive but very unique dresses

5) Nordstrom Dress Shop: You may have a Nordstrom store locally, but you're not guaranteed to get the same sort of selection there as you would in their online dress shop. If you're looking for something long and elegant, this is a fantastic place to find that. Just narrow your search to the desired dress style. They sell beautiful, inexpensive wedding dresses also.

6) Farfetch: This shop is quite expensive. But if you're ready to shell out $2000 for white dress anyway, why not make it a special one?

7) ShopStyle: This place holds an overwhelming amount of dresses because it aggregates its content from thousands of different shopping sites. They have a great filtering system though which allows you to sort by color (very important), price, size, etc.

8) Elizabeth-Charles: This shop has a beautiful selection of dresses with great sales.

9) Bloomingdales: There are quite a few beautiful and affordable dresses here.

10) BCBG:Their designs are always maintain a high standard of quality and are very inexpensive। They are less formal than most wedding dresses, so this shop isn't for everyone. It was, however, the perfect spot for me as this is where I purchased my dress.

TIP 1 - Remember to filter your search in these sites to, for example, "evening dresses" or "cocktail dresses," or whatever style or length you prefer. A lot of these sites even enable you to filter your search to "white" "dresses" only.

TIP 2 - If you see a dress you love but it's not the right color or style, take note of its designer then look up the designer online. You'll find all their collections online and have an entirely new avenue to wonder down towards finding THE dress.

You can spend thousands of dollars on a dress for the sole reason being that it was bought in a specialized wedding dress shop. There are so many beautiful white dresses out there... if you have the time to look, the expectancy of getting a dress fitted anyway, and you're goal is to look your absolute best, why limit yourself to the norm? Take it online!

No comments:

Post a Comment