Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Extreme Makeover Home Edition Project

A couple of months ago, Amy from Adore events called me and asked if I wanted to help out with an Extreme Home Makeover build that would be happening shortly about a half hour outside of Gainesville. She explained that everything with EHME (Extreme Makeover Home Edition) is volunteer and she asked...would I like to volunteer to make the behind the scenes video documentary of the build? She explained that this would be the video that is shown at the viewing party before the episode airs, and also a copy would be given as a gift to the volunteers who helped out in the build.

It would be very exciting because I would be filming along side of the EHME camera crews and have almost full access. Even though I knew it would be a a huge commitment, I couldn't say no. I wanted to be a part of such an amazing project that would change a family's life.

Jeff and I drove to Middleburg every day for a week. The first day we filmed a the builders marching up to the house...then the consecutive days we filmed the demolition followed by an amazing collaborative effort to raise a mansion from the ground in 6 days.

April from Ark Remodeling and Construction told me that the viewing party is when the family will get to see the behind the scenes video and will see what really went into making their house. They were gone the whole time so they have no idea. But the behind the scenes video will show the enormity of the project.

Here is a sort of "teaser" that I put together after being there for the first 4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment